Google My Business Optimization
Once you have a business, there may not be a more important next step than getting listed on Google. With the overwhelming number of people starting their search there, you'll want your brand in front of the largest audience possible. Creating, claiming (verifying) and optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) Listing is one of the most effective things you can do for your local SEO.
There's so much that goes into getting found locally on the internet. What's even more confusing is that it's constantly changing. That means not just the way people are searching you but the importance of what, where, when and how they're searching. Where keywords were once king, today so much more goes into it. Yes, keywords are still important but now human signals, content, relevancy, etc. are what matter. Keeping up on the ever-changing search environment poses a real challenge for local businesses.
The Google My Business (GMB) program is designed specifically for those local businesses. The goal is to help a business' customers best locate the products and services they're looking for with the greatest accuracy and the least amount of clicks.
What are some of the benefits?
- Essential for your local SEO.
- Accurate information published about your business.
- Free advertising when people find your listing on Google.
- Legitimizes your business and brand.
- Prevents piracy of your Google listing.
- Personal engagement with your customers and prospects.
- Multipliers to get you found more often.
- Reduce the risk of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Stand out in the crowd.
- Coaching to manage your own Google presence.
- And more!
What do you Get?
First and most importantly, we will coach and train you and your team on how to manage your Google My Business listing, get more reviews and focus on what's important so that you can keep the cost of this management in-house. This is one of the things that separates us from companies that simply complete your information and then turn it over to you. If you're a high volume business or have multiple listings and would like us to manage your listings for you, click here for our Managed Listings service.
- Create or claim (verify) your business listing on Google & Google Maps.
- Complete/correct your business NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number).
- Complete/correct your business website, appointment URL, attributes, etc.
- Complete/correct your business Hours and Special Hours.
- Complete/correct your business Categories
- Ensure your pin is in the correct position.
- Set up service areas and/or hide pin.
- Upload your Cover and Profile photos and Company Logo.
- Upload minimum number of photos for proper optimization.
- Create your first Post.
- Set up Messaging (if needed).
- Add Users/create Managers as necessary.
- Create Review Link to get more Google reviews.
- And more!
What do the results look like?
Did you know that only around 37% of businesses have claimed their GMB Listing? In a study commissioned by Google in 2014 conducted by Oxera, it was discovered that the positive economic impact to a small community or town could be as much as $300,000/year and for a larger city as much as $7 Million/year if all the businesses would simply verify and optimize their Google My Business listings. Additionally, consumers reported that verified listings were twice as likely to be considered "reputable."
How do you know if you're listed or verified? Google your business. Is there a listing at the top right side of the SERP (search engine results page) that's unique to your company? If not, you're losing potential customers. What if it's there but has a link that says, "Claim this listing" or "Own this business?" That means you're unverified and have little control over the accuracy of the content on your listing. Based on the study above, you'd be viewed as "half" as reputable as your competitor that's claimed their listing.
What if you see your listing but it appears to be claimed and you have no idea how to get to your GMB content? There are many scenarios and we're here to help you get them resolved. Contact us and let's have a look. We'll identify the issue and desired outcome and then recommend the appropriate action and cost (if any). We look forward to serving you!
For more information and pricing for a fully optimized Google my Business Listing contact us below:
The Google My Business program is ever-changing and we're experts at staying on the cusp of those changes. Moreover, we can help you get optimized, all the while coaching you how to manage your listing on your own. Are you blending in or standing out?